Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Last night I found out that one of my friends 4 month old son has lukemia. Her name is Amanda and I met her on a message board that I post on. We IM eachother and sent eachother Christmas cards and well, some people think online friends aren't real friends, but I beg to differ. Amanda is such a sweetie and he's always there when you need her. Well, her son got a cold when he was 2 weeks old and never really recovered from it. They took him to the doctor and they found some problems with his heart. He had 2 murmurs, mitral valve prolapse, a hole in his heart and regurgitation. He went in the other day for surgery to correct those problems. He came through surgery like a champ, but when he was in recovery, his lung collapsed. They ran all kinds of tests and found that he had lukemia and needs a stem cell transplant. If he doesn't get a transplant, he only has about a month left. How can your heart not break? I was in tears over this. Well, yesterday everyone in their immediate family was tested and no one matched. I did some research on the U of M website and they say that there's only a 25% that someone in your immediate family will match. So they had extended family tested and found a match with Amanda's niece. Thank God. I just hope he can come through everything. I can't imagine what that family must be going through right now.

Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

In other news I made the pork chops that Jen made and they turned out awesome. Everyone loved them!!

I woke up this morning with a terrible cold. It's all in my sinuses and it's already driving me crazy.

My mom is avoiding me and I have no idea why. I called her yesterday and as soon as I got on the phone with her, someone knocked at my door. So I put the phone down and went to the door and it was Marla and she wanted to talk to me about Austin. So I told my mom I'd have to call her back. I tried to call back a little later and it was busy. I kept trying and finally got through, but got the machine. I know she was home. I left a message explaining why I didn't call her back right away and asked her to give me a call. So about an hour later, I called back and it was busy again. I kept trying and got the machine again and didn't leave a message. She has caller ID so she would know that it was me who called. Well, she still hasn't called me back and I'm not calling her. I'm not going to beg my own mother for attention, I shouldn't have to. I have no idea what her problem is. There's more to the story, but I'm not going to get into it on here. I just hope she at least calls me back by next Tuesday. If my mother doesn't at least call me on my birthday, I'm going to be pissed.

I can be stubborn.

2 comments:

jkhenson said...

Ugh, I can't imagine my kids getting sick like that. What is Amanda's son's name? To mention him in our prayers.
Jen

Christy said...

His name is Evan.